About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
At Tech Nation we’re well aware of the impact our solutions have on the UK’s leading scale-ups— but we won’t rest until everyone knows. We’re seeking a qualified business development manager to extend our Growth Platform memberships and course sales through expert cultivation of new, untapped business opportunities and relationships.
The ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build a substantial subscriber base and sell course places that both focus on making scaling a business easier for leadership teams across the UK.
Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision.
We have a finite audience to sell to currently and are looking to grow awareness and subscriptions to 2 key services. You will need to understand scaling businesses, their needs and how to find the right
time to speak to busy leadership teams.
A Day in the Life of the Business Development Manager might look something like this:
- Manage both our existing sales pipeline and the development of new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in selling subscriptions and course places, penetrating into organisations and increasing user numbers per company
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a sales pipeline for short/medium/long term in accordance with targets whilst feeding into the product team to iterate on our offerings
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks to achieve strategic goals
- Motivate the wider team, track performance, and report metrics
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in sales techniques
- Proficiency in data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.