About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
Tech Nation’s ambitious International Team is seeking someone with exceptional relationship management capability, a working knowledge of government and startups with a collaborative, creative work ethos to join the team. This dynamic new role will report to the Director of International and be a key member of the international team.
The successful candidate will manage a series of international programmes supporting UK tech scale ups to understand growth opportunities overseas, helping them to scale into new markets (with an US and EU focus) and running monthly fast track programmes.
The International Programme Lead (Developed Markets) will work with the founders and c-suite of the UK’s most ambitious scaling tech companies, understanding their overseas growth potential and supporting them on their international growth plans. They will be responsible for recruiting scaling companies to monthly programmes, coordinating with other Tech Nation teams and managing partnerships with sponsors and delivery partners.
You will have exceptional communication skills, have flexibility and capability to work across multiple time zones, with different stakeholders and cultures. You will have broad responsibilities such as network engagement, research, events, digital development, communications and marketing.
We are currently able to offer up to £50,000 p/a for this role.
A Day in the Life of the International Programme Lead might look something like this:
- Scaleup engagement - be the initial point of contact with scale ups to understand their scaling journey to support identification of the best routes to market growth.
- Stakeholder management - engaging with colleagues across Tech Nation and wider key stakeholders to coordinate and plan activities. Managing external service providers and ensuring quality control for referral purposes.
- Plan and delivery a series of workshops and masterclasses focused on the US and Europe
- Internal communications and relationship management - Working closely with colleagues globally and in the UK, to ensure teams have the relevant knowledge and information for their communities
- Collaborating cross functionally, internally and externally
- Managing data and inputting into reports
- Build internal and external processes to filter companies interested in Tech Nation international services
Skills Required for this role include:
- You will have a rich understanding of what a tech company needs to expand their business, raise capital investment and scale internationally
- You will have knowledge and experience of doing business overseas including cultural norms, legal implications and growth hurdles (US and/or EU knowledge preferable)
- You must have International commercial experience i.e. working with private businesses overseas
- We require 3+ years minimum of account management and senior stakeholder management experience
- You must have a entrepreneurial growth mindset, the team is growing and changing fast as we develop so you must be able to adapt and pivot where needed and use your initiative to deliver high quality work
- It is essential you have 5+ years working in the tech sector
- We would like you to have experience working with collaborative platforms and project management technology
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and have the skills to work with colleagues from different countries and cultures
- You must enjoy working at pace and delivering high quality work
- You should be confident speaking with founders and c-suite execs
- You should be comfortable working to KPIs, OKRs and other targets
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
Have a hunger for getting things done and achieving results that deliver real impact
Be outcomes and results driven and understand the need for great systems to achieve those goals
Love the notion of high productivity and performance and know many of the tools and techniques which can be leveraged (eg. second brain, etc)
Enjoy breaking complex problems into simple solutions
Have strong problem solving and analytical skills
You have experience of working with senior executives and ability to make a good business case and convince people to help you execute
Be an incredibly confident communicator (verbally and written) - able to interact internally and externally at all levels of seniority
Have proven project management and planning skills
Have a deep passion for tech entrepreneurship, technology and the role both have in shaping our future
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.