About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
The Growth Specialist will be responsible for providing 1:1 coaching and mentoring to tech scaleups, designing and delivering workshops and programmes to help them scale their businesses, especially on sales and marketing topics. The specialist should have a good understanding of the UK tech ecosystem and the main challenges and opportunities for high-growth companies. They will have a deep knowledge of the sales and marketing best practices in the scaleups landscape and be able to provide advice and guidance on a range of topics.
The specialist will also work with other Tech Nation staff to identify and support scaleups with their growth plans. The ideal candidate needs to have strong relationship-building skills and have significant experience working with high-growth businesses, and will have a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with scaling up a business., and be passionate about helping others grow their businesses. They will be entrepreneurial, creative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The role will be remote but some travel within the UK will be required.
The maximum salary we're looking to offer for this role is £50K.
A Day in the Life of the Growth Specialist might look something like this:
- Ensure we deliver an incredible experience for all companies in our network
- Own, maintain and expand relationships with Tech Nation’s network of CMOs, CGOs and Sales Leads.
- Be the Tech Nation expert on sales and marketing across everything Tech Nation produces – programmes, platform, courses and events
- Design, implement and own Tech Nation's sales & marketing scaleup coaching programme.
- Identify and connect scaleups with relevant resources and opportunities on growth and scaling operations topics.
- · Provide one-to-one support to key commercial customers on growth topics when required.
- Provide growth (sales & marketing) related advice and support to the Tech Nation scaleup community if needed.
- Act as a coach and support scaleups to identify their growth needs and provide guidance on how to best practices.
- Help founders identify and overcome their scaling challenges in sales, marketing and scaling operations if needed.
- Identify opportunities where the sales and marketing can support the objectives of Tech Nation and make full use of our relationship with them.
- Be able to use your network and knowledge to curate and deliver incredible events on growth topics.
- Contribute to the development of potential Tech Nation consulting services.
- Take ownership of specialist support and delivery for courses (Advance) and cross programme events, along with masterclasses on the growth topics.
- Maintain speedy and concise communication with the companies, speakers, advisors and other stakeholders
- Work with commercial partners to use their insight and create touchpoints with relevant companies for their aims and goals
- Work with a number of stakeholders from across Tech Nation to identify points of collaboration.
- Plan and organise face to face meetups focused on sales and marketing topics.
- Help to cross-sell our initiatives into cohort and platform companies, clearly connecting with key decision-makers.
- Help to devise, create and deliver a calendar of events across our platform member companies in key sales and marketing-related topics
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in the growth hacking, sales and marketing fields
- Research and produce content including blog posts, case studies and webinars on sales and marketing trends and best practices for the Tech Nation scaleup community, if required.
- Be available for the media and DCMS when they have queries on your specialism
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
· Experience in planning and delivering sessions to help our scaleup audience scale effectively.
- Extensive experience in sales and/or marketing leadership roles preferably in a high-growth tech company.
- Exceptional management at a senior level, with the ability to engage with senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and soft skills including and deep knowledge of scaling growth.
- Demonstrable experience in defining, planning and delivering projects.
- Strong content creation and content planning experience
- Excellent interview technique, being able to pull relevant insights from interviews with key stakeholders.
- Strong ability to deal with media enquiries, giving an informed response when representing Tech Nation.
- Ability to interpret datasets and other outputs from user research.
- A strong network to facilitate highly engaging sessions.
- Experience in managing and growing commercial partner accounts.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with ability to present ideas persuasively to various audiences.
- Strong ability to work in a team and work efficiently to fulfil a project.
- Strategic planning.
- Project, change and engagement management.
- Report, embed and shape KPI's
- An agile mindset to project implementation.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.