About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
We're looking for a passionate, organised individual who has experience in events to become a key part of Tech Nation’s growing UK wide team. You will be responsible for managing the events team, as well as planning, executing and managing the company’s busy roadmap of events. You will build relationships both internally as well as with external stakeholders, suppliers and members of the tech community including scaleup founders from top UK digital companies.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
As Event Lead, you will plan, organise and deliver a first class calendar of events across the organisation, whilst managing the events team and their overarching calendar of events. You’ll have the opportunity to work across teams, helping to plan new and existing events relevant to each programme and for Tech Nation in general. In particular, you will work on Tech Nation’s growth programmes; Rising Stars, Net Zero or AI, in addition to working on Tech Nation’s new initiative, the Growth Platform.
A Day in the Life of the Events Lead might look something like this:
- Daily stand up with project team
- 121 with your direct reports
- Creating a proposal or project plan for an event or new programme, such as a report or programme launch, conference, panel discussion or roundtable
- Putting together an events budget or assisting other team members with projected costs
- Thinking of creative and fun ideas to implement (particularly whilst we’re continue to host online events)
- Creating our monthly internal events newsletter with support from the team
- Managing the event roadmap to ensure there are no major bottlenecks throughout the year and that events are evenly distributed throughout the team
- Liaising with AV or production company on our event requirements (for large scale events)
- Working with the inhouse design team to ensure we have suitable branding materials
- Working closely with the digital marketing team to ensure we are hitting our target sign up and attendee numbers
- Liaising with the partnerships team and any event corporate partners
- Hosting speaker briefs with CEOs and Founders from leading tech businesses
- Writing and hosting staff briefs
- Ensure that event data is properly captured for future KPI / NPS reporting
- Assist with any post-event follow up with participants and partners
- Dealing with sudden curveballs from speaker drop outs, to last minute government roundtables or a global pandemic!
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
Experience in an events focused role
Experience of running online events through a variety of online event platforms
Excellent communication skills, with the ability to manage high level internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge of the Tech ecosystem in the UK is an advantage but not essential
A passion for working in a fast paced environment
Does this sound like you?
Super organised with the ability to multitask effectively
Meticulous planner, able to ensure all deadlines are hit on time and within budget
Ability to persuade, encourage and support high level individuals to work with Tech Nation
An excellent team player who is genuinely collaborative
Personable and quick to build strong and positive relationships with various stakeholders including entrepreneurs, partners, sponsors, corporates, agencies and suppliers
Problem solver with a proactive attitude
Passion for creative thinking and willing to share ideas with the team
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to work with the fastest growing tech scaleups in the UK
16 health benefits via Untangl e.g. Gym Discount, Dental Health Scans
Perkbox - choose your own perks!
A shiny new macbook
A 9% employer pension contribution
Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
Travel season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
A personal learning budget through Learnerbly
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.