About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
A true lynchpin in a fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding working environment at the forefront of UK tech; you will maximise the CEO’s value to the executive team, wider organisation and unique exposure to the highest level of external stakeholders - from senior government officials in No 10 to the highest growth tech companies in the UK and beyond.
Reporting directly to the CEO, and working closely with the Exec Team, you will manage the business affairs of the CEO office - ensuring time management, information flow, and decision making processes are as effective and efficient as possible, allowing the CEO to gain in productivity and impact - and thus scale.
A Day in the Life of the Chief of Staff might look something like this:
- Support the CEO and his/her exec team to drive special projects and cross-functional initiatives
- Help scaling by supporting the CEO and Strategy & Planning Director to evolve organisation structures, keeping track of objectives and KPIs and implementing robust processes/systems to improve performance and productivity
- Support growth via successful roll-out of new services / business lines and international expansion
- Foster and enable cross-departmental collaboration
- Provide clear updates to the CEO and Executive team on progress, blockers and risks of Strategic Objectives and ongoing projects
- Be capable of deputising for the CEO
- Support the CEO to identify future leaders
- Preparation of Board papers: writing the quarterly CEO update and, when required, writing or project managing the preparation of additional Board paper submissions
- Organisation of exec offsites: setting agendas and presenting when required
- Manage the CEO office supporting the CEO in being as impactful as possible:
- Work with the Company Secretary, supported by the EA to the CEO to manage meetings for the board of directors and leadership team; following-up on actions after each meeting to ensure items are progressed towards actionable outcomes
- Work with the Comms & Stakeholder management team where required to prepare clear, logical presentation and documentation materials
- Proactively plan the CEO agenda both internally and externally including impactful internal and external comms
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
This role will suit someone who is hungry to be at the epicentre of the network of the highest growth technology companies. It's a unique stepping stone career opportunity granting exposure to some of the most senior figures in industry and government. It will suit someone who:
- Has a hunger for getting things done and achieving results that deliver real impact
- Loves the notion of high productivity and performance and knows many of the tools and techniques which can be leveraged (eg. second brain, etc)
- Enjoys breaking complex problems into simple solutions
- Has experience of working with senior executives
- Is an incredibly confident communicator (verbally and written)
- Has proven project management and planning skills
- Is an honest broker & truth-teller to the CEO - a confidant without an agenda
- Has a deep passion for tech entrepreneurship, technology and the role both have in shaping our future
Our Benefits Include:
- An opportunity to work with the fastest growing tech scaleups in the UK
- 16 health benefits via Untangl e.g. gym discount, dental, health scans
- Perkbox - choose your own perks!
- A shiny new macbook
- A generous employer pension contribution
- A flexible work environment
- Cycle to work scheme (up to £1,000)
- Travel season ticket loan (up to £5,000)
- A personal learning and development budget through Learnerbly and YCN
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.