About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
The Client Engagement Manager (scaleups) role involves shouting from the rooftops to all 6k of the UK’s scaleups that Tech Nation has a full suite of products and services that can help drive growth!
We’re incredibly proud of the grant funded work we do but want to do so much more for our scaleup community. That’s why we’re developing a suite of paid-for products and services that will further power rapid growth for the UK’s scaleup population.
We’re busy building out the full portfolio of offerings, but to start with your focus would be on engaging scaleups to discuss and sign up to our new subscription service, and deliver on the revenue opportunities around our courses such as Advance: Scaling Leaders.
A Day in the Life of the Client Engagement Manager might look something like this:
- You’ll be designing, executing and iterating on outreach, engagement and sales activities with our target customers - all 6k of them!
- You’ll own and lead the revenue generation opportunities around our paid-for products and services - for example our new subscription service and our paid-for courses such as Advance: Scaling Leaders
- You’ll be busy delivering against outreach, engagement and sales targets, and ensuring that your team does the same
- You’ll be managing Client Engagement (Scaleup) Executive(s) - and will be motivating, coaching and leading by example so that your team are achieving a high volume of conversations with scaleups on a weekly basis
- You’ll develop a strong and successful narrative around how our products and services can help Scaleups to grow
- You’ll manage and respond to direct requests and leads from scale-ups for bespoke packages
- You’ll work closely with the colleagues in our Entrepreneur Engagement and Community Teams to ensure all messaging is consistent and all opportunities for lead generation are maximised to its full potential.
- You’ll work closely with the B2B Content Marketing Team to collaborate on strategy & initiate new business opportunities
- You will build and take control of respective order pipelines - driving full and regularly repeating subscriptions and purchases
- You will deliver timely sales reporting
- You will conduct calls with non-renewing scaleups to try to re-subscribe them, but also to understand what led to their cancellations
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- Experience cultivating and closing sales in 1-2-1 conversations with scaleups
- Experience managing, coaching and leading a team
- A passion for speaking to high volumes of potential customers each day
- Customer-focused account handling experience
- Experience managing order pipelines and providing timely sales trackers
- Excellent self-management
Where to from here?
Putting Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) at the core of everything we do is an intrinsic part of Tech Nation’s vision and values: Tech Nation is committed to contributing to a future in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to succeed as a game-changing leader.
Naturally, we want to ensure it is a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to work every day. We would be happy to accommodate any requests to support inclusion and accessibility during the application or interview process, please just let us know.